parallax background

Water Assistance

Water assistance provides funds to assist low-income households with restoration of household water services.

Counties served: Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Rockwall

Water assistance is only available for households that are currently disconnected or are facing disconnection. Assistance is provided through a one-time payment. If you become disconnected or receive a disconnection notice 90 days after our initial payment, you may reapply for additional assistance.

Each client situation is evaluated through an application process and the appropriate program service is then determined. Individual goals and objectives are identified as well as techniques for budgeting and energy conservation which will transition the client from poverty and/or address crisis situations.

Household SizeMaximum Income Level (Per Year)*
Families with more than 8 personsAdd $7,710 for each additional person
* Subject to change annually. Eligibility for LIHWAP is calculated at 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines. Amounts listed above effective January 23, 2023.


Applications & Forms

Important Contact Information


Texoma Council of Governments
ATTN: Energy Services

1117 Gallagher Drive, Suite 200
Sherman, TX 75090

Main Phone

(903) 893-2161 ext. 3541 - Utility Assistance

Email Address - Utility Assistance

Apply Online
To complete an application online, please visit this link. To print and complete an application by mail, download an application.


Incomplete applications or missing documentation will delay application process.
Required Documentation

Proof of income for all household members over the age of 18 for the previous thirty (30) days.

Provide the income that applies to your household.
  • If paid weekly, four (4) current check stubs
  • If paid bi-weekly, two (2) current check stubs
  • If paid monthly, one (1) current check stub
  • Social Security Award Letter for current year
  • Retirement Income Letter for current year
  • VA award letter for current year
  • TANF printout for previous thirty (30) days
  • Child Support Letter (showing how much you receive on a monthly basis)
  • Unemployment printout (showing how much you have received in the past 30 days)
  • Documentation of any other income received in your household for the past thirty days
    All pages (front and back) of your current disconnection notice.
  • Disconnection notice from water company
  • Proof of Citizenship for ALL household members by providing one (1) of the following documents:
  • US Passport
  • US American Indian or Alaska Native, tribal enrollment or membership card with photo
  • Birth Certificate or Birth Record
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Proof of Identity for Adult (18 and older) household members by providing one (1) form of identification:
  • Drivers License or Texas ID
  • US Military or Military Dependent ID
  • Government Employee ID (City, County, State or Federal)
  • Concealed Handgun

Meet the Team

Energy Services

Judy Fullylove

Energy Services Director


Kenisha Golston

CEAP/CSBG Program Manager

903-893-2161 x3553

Program Staff

Steven Alford

Energy Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3601

Michelle Brown

Energy Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3600

Michelle Burgos

Energy Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3588

LaKeesha Dunlap

Energy Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3502

Lenora Garrison

Customer Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3519

Stevi Stowers

Energy Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3348

Betsey Warren

Customer Services Specialist

903-893-2161 x3541

Frequently Asked Questions

1How do I apply for services?
We want to make the process for you as simple as possible, so we have made the application available for submission entirely online. Just visit our application section to access. If you have any additional questions, feel free to call our office at 903-813-3541.
2How do you determine if I am eligible for assistance?
Initial eligibility is based on the level of household income for all persons 18 years and over.
3How long does it take to process my file?
Though times may vary, on average it takes twenty-eight (28) business days to process an application.
4What type of verification do I need?
In order to determine eligibility, the following documentation is required:
  1. Photo ID of all persons living in the household
  2. Birth certificates of all persons living in the household
  3. Income documentation for all adults 18 and over living in the household (check stubs, Social Security award letter, VA award letter, etc.)
  4. TANF documentation
  5. Water disconnection notice
5Do I have to fill out all of this paperwork?
Please read the instructions in the application packet. Applications will not be processed until ALL documents are received. Incomplete applications will be denied and shredded.
6I do not have a birth certificate or passport. Can I send you a copy of my social security card?
7I do not have a copy of my Social Security award letter. Can I send a copy of last year's award letter or a bank statement as proof of what I received from Social Security?
No. We cannot process an application without an award letter for the current year. A bank statement is not acceptable. Contact the Social Security Administration to request an award letter.
8I have left several telephone messages. Why hasn't anyone returned my call?
Due to the high volume of phone calls we receive it can take 24-48 hours for someone to return your call. Leaving several messages in one day can delay this process.
9Did you get my fax?
We do not accept applications by fax.
10Can I email my application to you?
Visit our application section to apply online. Applications can also be mailed to:
TCOG Energy Services
1117 Gallagher Drive, Suite 200
Sherman, TX 75090
11Do I have to make an appointment to talk with someone about my current situation?
Yes. Clients are seen by appointment only.
12If I am denied assistance, what should I do?
You can appeal the denial of assistance after thirty (30) days.

Customer Acknowledgement

  • The Energy Services Program is federally-funded and administered by TCOG. Services are not emergency assistance or an entitlement program.
  • Assistance is subject to availability of funds. Submitting an application is not a guarantee of assistance.
  • The average time to process an application for utility assistance is twenty-eight (28) business days.
  • Households must meet 2022 Federal Income Guidelines and live in one of the TCOG service areas. For a complete list of counties served visit:
  • TCOG will not secure any financial assistance or make payments until the application process is completed.
  • Applicants are fully responsible any bill(s) and fees accrued before, during and after the application and eligibility determination process. Nonpayment of a bill can result in an interruption of services or disconnection.